Growing Up With Hearing Loss
Find out what help there is in your child's school and city.
- Help lines are a service where students can call up and speak to a live operator for help with
- Many schools have a "Homework Hotline." Your child's teachers explain her homework on a recorded
- Help lines are for TTY/TDD users too.
- Watch TV that helps your child learn.
- Libraries have many education videos with Closed Captioning.
- Children can also call or e-mail live cable television shows, such as Nickelodeon and Discovery
channels, for homework help.
- There are homework help centers located at schools, libraries or community centers.
- Your child can get help from teachers and other adults.
- Your child can talk with other children.
Learn more about how you can help
Read these pages for help with special subjects, like: