Raising Deaf Kids logo
Raising Deaf Kids: a world of information about children with hearing loss

Search RaisingDeafKids.org


Print this page with Adobe Acrobat.

How to Get Early Intervention Help

Find out who provides early intervention services in your area.

Each state has people who can help you. Ask your audiologist who to call for help. Or visit these sites for more information:boy playing a drum

Your state will assign you someone who will help you get the services you need. This person is called a child services coordinator. You will also get help from other people. Some of these people may be:

  • An audiologist
    She keeps track of hearing loss, fits hearing aids, and can answer questions about hearing loss.
  • A teacher of the deaf
    He can teach you how to use signs and gestures to "talk" to your baby.
  • A doctor (a pediatrician or family doctor)
  • A school district representative
    She acts for the school to help your child get the special services he will need.
  • An advocate
    He will support you in getting what you need.

Learn more about early intervention programs
To find out what to look for in an early intervention program, check out this article on the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center's website.

About Us I Site Map I Search I Feedback I Privacy


National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
© 2001-2004, Deafness and Family Communication Center or its affiliates