Growing Up With Hearing Loss
What is self-esteem?
Self-esteem is how your child feels about herself. Having high self-esteem is very important.
Read on to find out ways to help your child build self-esteem.
Help your child build self-esteem
Ask your child these questions to see what her self-esteem is like:
- Does your child feel happy with herself?
- Does your child feel proud about what she can do?
- Does your child feel loved?
- Does you child have friends?
- Does your child feel good about her looks?
- Does your child feel good about school?
- Does your child feel comfortable with her hearing loss?
If your child answered "no" to any of these questions, she may need help with self-esteem.
Next: What You Can Do to Help Your Child's Self-Esteem