If you've just learned your child has a hearing loss, you may feel overwhelmed by all the decisions you have to make.
Soon, we'll have information and tools here that will help you.
Here's what you need to do to make wise decisions:
- Understand what goals you have for your child.
- Learn what your choices are.
- Try to see which choices will help you meet your goals.
- Find out which choice seems best for your child and family.
- Understand what you will need to do if you pick one choice or another.
Important ideas to remember
- You make decisions for your child.
There are many people who can help, but the decision is yours (and your child's, if he's old enough).
- Be flexible.
Your decision is not final.
You can always change if something isn't working.
You can even add new things to improve what you're doing!